Sophie has the flu. She got a flu shot a couple weeks ago. Maybe it's the other one - I only say that because she still needs a second dose and isn't fully protected yet. Or, maybe it's just something else.
No matter what it is, she is sick. She has had a trip to the ER to get fluids - her first day being sick was Monday and she managed to throw up at least 20 times the first 12 hours. Nothing stayed down that day. The ER gave her zofran, and it did help her get some fluids in. We thought she was getting better yesterday, but then by late that day she didn't have much interest in eating or drinking again. A trip to the pediatrician showed that she is still hydrated and working through it.
So, today is day 4 of being sick. Icky sick too. She's on the couch. At night, she sleeps on the floor in our bedroom, close to the bathroom. I think she really wants her bed back. We have washed a lot of laundry this week. A lot.
Emma has had special outings in with friends, to give us a little more quiet. She seems to be so excited to get home. I know she wants to play with her sister. But for now, Sophie needs to start feeling better. We have high hopes for the weekend. I did get Sophie to smile for me last night. It was on request and it was really corny cute. A forced smile. But, it had been so long.
This morning, her request is for goldfish crackers and water. Since it is so tough to get her to drink the pedialyte type stuff (we tried popcicles too), we are hoping for water and salty and sugary foods all together. Mostly, we just want things to stay down. That would be good.
So, it's quiet here. Sophie sleeps a lot. I try to remember to rest with her. There's a heap of laundry to be folded. It will wait. I know.
Yesterday, it was hard to be quiet - it was so sunny and warm-ish too. But today, well it's gray outside, and windy. Probably rain too. That will be easier.
I'll be back here when Sophie is better. When she's smiling again, and running all over the place. Back to gymnastics, back to school.
(ps - I just had to mention, Sophie got sick at gymnastics class. Before we were leaving, she said she didn't want to go - she has never said that before - and it sounded like she was using an Emma excuse when she mentioned the hard stuff. I should have known better.).
No comments:
Post a Comment