Saturday, April 24, 2010

Making



This is a braiding star, by Biber - I included a link to them in my last post. It is incredibly simple and perfect for Emma - she tends to like instant gratification as much as the next person. She asks to learn to knit, works at it briefly, then puts it away for many weeks before showing interest again. The first time I tried to teach her to knit, she became very upset when I told her she would need to practice for a while before she would be able to make a sweater for Teddy. This is not lost on me, I started by working on the 20 stitches my friend cast on for me, and about 20 rows into it I decided it was time to move on and actually MAKE something. So, I did. Therefore, when Emma expects to be able to really create something (she has also asked how long it would take to make a blanket for Teddy) in a super quick fashion, well, I get it.
In the meantime, I am enjoying this opportunity to watch her little hands at work.
ps - Emma is wearing her spring jammies from the Easter basket in these pictures.
edited - I have to add that I bought two of these and as of this morning, when Sophie mastered it, all four girls in my house this weekend are loving the braiding star. I have been asked by everyone why I didn't get four of these.

No comments: