

She won't believe it. I don't have to send her a pattern and some yarn every time I need a flower. I can do it myself now. And these are really cute - the buttercup pattern near the front. I am really in love with making these and they are so easy (once I switched from wood needles to addi turbo lace for the p3tog) - I have practically memorized the pattern and can make them so fast. I have never thought of knitting as "instant gratification" before, but that has changed at least a little.
The pattern is from Nicki Epstein's Knitted Flowers. This copy made it's way to me via Leslie Friend (incredibly talented knitter who picks the best projects) of A Friend to Knit With. She was giving away a copy of this early in March and I happened to be the lucky random comment (I have a history with her giveaways too, I will now need to restrain myself from commenting on future giveaways - hopefully she doesn't have any Hawaiian vacations in the near future). Unfortunately, the book arrived shortly after I burned my hand (completely healed) and so it sat for a while. Well, thank you Leslie - it is such a good book (I am definitely an amateur knitter, and it works for me).
And, Nana - you are probably not yet completely off the hook. There are plenty of patterns that ask for crochet trim (remember the dress I (I mean "we") made for Emma while I was pregnant with Sophie?).
I am thinking about turning these flowers (oh, and I have made about 6 others as well) into hair clips for the girls. A quick trip to JoAnn's might produce supplies for a cute headband as well. But, I also might use this and attaching them to cute little bracelets.
ps - the yarn I used is "Claudia Hand Painted Yarns" fingering weight, in Tomato Soup. I bought it at Twisted, one of the many local yarn shops to us PDXer's. I was there yesterday between plans, and the ladies there were so kind and friendly and helpful. It was a joy, except that Sophie was a bit into everything. The braiding star is from there too.
No comments:
Post a Comment