Sunday, April 25, 2010

Spoon Puppets, and a little show






We have two extra girls living under our roof right now. It's just for four days, but that is enough to require some extra efforts in the entertainment department - for when the "extended playdate" atmosphere begins to dwindle.
Our first project was to make Monkey Bread. I made the dough while the girls played, then the four of them made the balls, dipped them in butter, rolled them in sugar and cinnamon and tossed them into the Bundt pan. That was yesterday, and we served up the bread, bacon and fresh fruit for breakfast this morning. Delicious.
We took the girls for a walk in the woods. On the way, we found a snake (the girls all touched it), a ton of slugs and admired the flowers.
Then, the girls and I made spoon puppets. The spoon puppets are made using cheap (Made in China, sorry about that) wooden spoons. Draw the face on the back side of the spoon, add some hair and fabric and presto. I also bought a cheap tension rod and made a curtain using some fabric I bought a long time ago and never used (I will call this recycling). This is then placed in the entryway of the playroom. It works beautifully. The girls wrote scripts, practiced their lines, and put on two puppet shows for us. Then Andy and I put on a show, starring Jo-Sephonie and Rudolpho and the girls laughed hysterically!
Today, the girls got to make special birthday cards for their mom (her birthday is next week) and then we all headed outside. They have asked for another walk in the woods today, so I imagine that is soon to come. Hope your weekend is going well too!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The spoon puppets are really cute.
Save them so we can have a show in October.

Love Barbie