
First of all, I spent the last week of school before spring break doing art projects with Emma's class every day. That was a lot of fun. We spent some time learning about Wassily Kandinsky on Monday and then went straight to work. The final auction item came from the work created on the first day. The other stuff was good too, but this one was my favorite. The kids listened to Tchaikovsky while coloring circles with oil pastels. They got the fun part. Then, it was my turn. I scanned each piece of artwork, created a photoshop file of all of the images as one, and then turned it into a poster intended to replicate the look of a real poster you might purchase from the museum. It was framed and sent to auction. Two lovely moms fought (through silent bids) over it. I love that. The winner received a "Certificate of Authenticity" to ensure that she got her $$$ worth - it had a copy of the artwork, a description of how the art was created, and every student signed it.
I love my time in Emma's class. It has been a lot of fun being able to be there, help out, meet her classmates, get to know her teacher, and get to know the school and other teachers. I really loved how much the teacher loves this project (we gave her a copy for her room) and there were a lot of people commenting on how wonderful it turned out. So glad I could offer something a little different this year.
No comments:
Post a Comment