Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Being 3

Last night I asked Sophie what she liked most about being three. She said that the best part is that she can fit in small places. I asked her what was most exciting about turning four. She said the best thing is that she can go places by herself. Hmmm! Not sure about that one dear. Oh, I asked her what her favorite thing to do is (for her preschool homework assignment) and she said her favorite thing to do is playing with her sister. Love that.
Sophie turns four tomorrow and I almost feel like we are letting her down. She asked to have a day at the zoo on her birthday instead of a party. The weather is not going to cooperate so we went to the zoo on Sunday. She knows we went for her birthday, and we are still going to do something (the climbing gym) tomorrow. But, now she is asking about a birthday party. When we walked through Willamette National Cemetary yesterday, she brought it up again and even asked about a party in the cemetary (somehow she thinks this would be fun). Hopefully, we can give her a fun day tomorrow in spite of the rain and she will forget the party thing.
ps - I finished Sophie's birthday dress last night. I will post a photo soon. I don't think she will get to wear it on her birthday though. :(

No comments: