



Sophie is four years old! I can't really believe it. Except that I know it's true. So, we had to celebrate and without a party and tons of rain (record wettest June 2nd in Portland history just so you know) we had a somewhat quiet celebration. It was all about Sophie and whatever she wanted. Like Pita Chips for breakfast.
She spent the morning opening her presents and playing with them. The first thing she got was a small gift bag left in her room by the door. Inside, she found a t-shirt with the number 4 on it and a bird and some green toenail polish (yes, I went there). Since she insisted on dragging me out of bed at 6:15 this morning, the two of us watched some Caillou together while we waited for the sleepers to show up (I mean Andy and Emma, not pajama sleepers).
Sophie then got to open her dollhouse. Nana Nana and Papa Papa made this dollhouse, similar to the one they made for Emma except for a couple things. Emma's was modeled after our old house, Sophie's is green (because she likes it). She also got a new mouse family and some furniture to put inside and she loves it. Both girls now have a Lack table from Ikea for the dollhouses to sit on for playing (instead of on the floor where they practically lay down to play).
Sophie also got a big bucket of pink and pastel Legos (from Nana B and Papa T) to extend the blue bucket the girls got at Christmas. These were played with for well over an hour this afternoon. Sophie finally got the doll that I have been making for her forever now. I'm not sure exactly when I started on this, but it's been a long time for certain. She had been mostly finished for quite a while, but I just wasn't thrilled with the hair. I finally added an extra layer of hair and called her good. With a little momma made clothes and a bunch of store sale bought clothes, she was complete (though she could really use some underwear). Sophie put Elsa in the doll bed tonight so that she could sleep with her new doll (happy Momma). I also made Sophie a silly little birdcage (she is fascinated with them and it was cheap and easy) and a birthday dress (which she didn't wear because of the lousy weather). Emma gave her a book called "Otis" by Loren Long. I love it. It is such a sweet story.
Phew, an exhausting post to say the least. I am going to add a second post with the climbing gym pictures - oops, I forgot to mention that we took the girls to the climbing gym today and they were awesome. They made their parents proud - at least some of it must be genetic!
1 comment:
Green polish! What a good idea.
Sounds like she had a very special birthday for a very special granddaughter
Love Barbie
Post a Comment