
It really is that time. I guess if everything was to come from the store, maybe not but I've gotta sew a little bit. I started with this dress, which is the Ice Cream dress pattern from Oliver + S. I also used this pattern to make Sophie's birthday dress. This time, I chose solid fabrics from my stash (not a single trip to the fabric store) and I made the striped version instead of the pocket version. Emma was not so interested in the colors at first, but this morning when she tried it on she was really happy and even commented on the colors. Not only does she like them, she asked me how I knew they would go together (that's the artistic girl trying to come out). So, we are both happy with this dress and I have to say that Andy is just the best. He picked up the dress and checked out the seams (admiring the serger work, of course - thank you, honey).
I have a few other things in the works too (not really anything for Sophie because she has a lot of old Emma clothes to work with, but Emma really outgrew her last wardrobe). Among other things, I have started two projects for the girls for Christmas! I know - it seems way too early to be thinking along the lines of Christmas, but again, not everything is a quick trip to the store so I have to plan.
No comments:
Post a Comment