Friday, July 30, 2010

Art Camp Week

Today was the last day of Art Camp for the girls. I got to see little peeks at some of their work most days, but not all and never a finished product. Until today, that is. When it was time to pick them up, I got to see their work in a little art show format. They told me about their work, what they did, what they liked best, etc. It was great, and I was (am) a proud mama.

These first pieces of art are the last ones made. They are crazy cats that the girls designed and colored using oil pastels. The top cat is Sophie's, the bottom one is Emma's.


Next up are the flower drawings the girls created. Once again, they used oil pastels and they went back and added some cross-hatching to their work. I really love the use of color here. Again, the first image is of Sophie's work, the second one is Emma's.


Lastly, my personal favorite. These are watercolor paintings the girls created after learning about Monet and studying some of his work. It's quite obvious which painting Emma used as her inspiration, not so much for Sophie though. Sophie's is first, then Emma's painting.