Saturday, July 3, 2010

Hair and jammies



The girls finally got haircuts last week. The closest kid salon closed a couple months ago (without warning) and I had to find an alternative that would be chemical free (as much as possible, Emma did have an asthma attack at my salon). I ended up going to a place in Gresham (that also happens to be closing up, so we won't be going back). Emma only wanted a trim, and she got just that. They also gave her some french braids, which were super cute. Sophie also got just a trim, but I wanted more of a style for her because her hair is still so thin. It's always a mess in the back. But, I don't know if the stylist was paying attention to what I was telling Emma's stylist, or what happened, but she only got a trim. The finish was cute though, with these adorable flip ponies.


This last picture is of my second project using the serger (a while back, I just haven't had any nice light with the 90 days of rain we had), but also my first project hemming knits. Everything about these was really easy, except the hemming. I took out the hem stitches twice before I finally just decided that as jammies, they don't need to be perfect. You can't tell how bad the hem really is in this picture either. But, I have since found the perfect solution to hemming knits (see my last post about my skirt) and I'm ready to make Sophie her pair too.

1 comment:

JoanneK said...

I happened across your blog while blog hopping! Fantastic sewing talent, your girls are dolls, that bubble art is amazing! Great blog!