Sunday, July 4, 2010

Scratch foam Printmaking







Last night Sophie fell to sleep while waiting on dinner. So, while she napped we all ate our dinner and then Emma and I did some printmaking using scratch foam. She did a great job (I love her dolphin). We worked on these until 9:30pm, and it was after 10pm when she finally went to bed.
Emma made the dolphin, the pattern, and the one with my name on it. I was making one with her name because I wanted to show her how the print would be reversed, but she didn't want to wait to make one with my name and so she learned this bit about printmaking the hard way. But, she moved on, and I love my name backwards, she did such a nice job.
Sophie slept right through the whole thing, so we will make more of these with her soon. The flower was my simple example for teaching Emma how it works. I also made the bird and the Emma print.

No comments: