Friday, August 6, 2010

Paint and a dress


I had purchased this corduroy fabric a couple years ago (oops!), intending to make a dress with it. It sort of got lost in the pile for a while, though I always knew it was there. I decided to finally cut the pieces a couple weeks ago, but since it is for Sophie (who doesn't need any clothes the way Emma does), it just sat there. Until today. Thanks to the serger, it came together beautifully in less than 45 minutes from start to finish. It's made from the Leila & Ben Sweet Little Dress pattern that I also purchased (and have used a lot) several years ago. This is the biggest size the pattern comes in, which completely breaks my heart. I love this pattern - maybe L&B will work on adding a few sizes...
Anyhow, it is corduroy and very fall/winter in color so it was easy to put this off for so long. But now Miss Sophie is going to have a super cute little dress to wear when those first cold days roll in. Oh, and she may be wearing this to a different preschool altogether! More on that after we make a final decision this weekend.
On another note, the right side of this picture includes a snippet of our new wall color. This color is called Tan Hide and we used Miller Paint's Acro-Pure paint. Andy is picking up some Sangria today so that we can paint the playroom-gymnasium-office of the future.

No comments: