
We made it. The first week of school is over, and everyone is happy. Emma loves her teachers, has already made a new friend and is enjoying her two-recess days. Sophie went to her new preschool for the first time today and really enjoyed playing with her friend J, getting cupcakes for snack (in celebration of a birthday - already!), and loved the playground (her specialty).
Tuesday was hard for me. Sophie and I attended her preschool orientation after Emma went to school, then hit the grocery store and came home. We got home at about the same time as last year when Emma went to afternoon kindergarten. It was a long day, and we really missed Emma. I am still really feeling the loneliness of having her gone all day. I imagine this gets better and I will soon be relishing these longer days (I imagine).
Today, when I dropped Sophie off to preschool, I went to the bookstore. I flipped through some magazines, checked out the kid clothing stores for some pants for Emma (no luck, her waist is so tiny), then headed home for a quick lunch. Next week, I plan to use my kid-free hours being more productive, but today I just needed to make it go fast, and not be so quiet.
These pictures are of Emma and Sophie on their first days - Emma's was taken on Tuesday morning, and Sophie's was taken this morning. They are both happy about their first days of school.
1 comment:
Cute pictures. I always print them off.
Love Barbie
Post a Comment