Sunday, September 26, 2010

the depots

There are two depots in town, and my girls are well aware of them both. One is known as the "Daddy Depot" - but most everyone else calls it Home Depot. The girls will sometimes request to go with their dad to the Daddy Depot and love coming home with a bag of Chex Mix (Depot Food). The other depot in town is known around here as the "Mommy Depot" (of course), and most everyone else knows of it as Fabric Depot. For a long time, I rarely made a trip to the Mommy Depot without Sophie and Emma has been there a few times. One time, I took Andy and the girls and that was a huge mistake. They actually got in trouble with the staff. I'm really glad that I was no where near them at the time, and the staff most likely does not associate me with that troublesome group.

Since school is back in session, I have been to the Mommy Depot a few times, all of them by myself. The very first time I went, the first staff member to see me asked about my girl Sophie (and reminded me that she had never seen me without her). That was hard, as I was sad about not having her around all day. But, I can actually have fun in the Mommy Depot when I go by myself. I can chat with the staff, pick out batting, think about the fabric combinations I am about to buy before they are cut, ask questions, etc. When I go by myself, I don't have to make a trip to the bathroom almost immediately, I don't buy chocolate balls and I rarely use a cart.

This picture is of the collection that I have chosen fabrics from, for Emma's quilt. I am using the colors on the far left.

No comments: