Well, there has been a little sewing going on around here. Emma is tough to buy pants for. I think I have bought and returned six pairs this fall. Emma would really like a new pair of jeans, but even with adjustable waistbands (the adjustment just makes for a lot of bunching, if you ask me), it is still hard to find good pants that fit. But leggings, well - we usually do nicely with those. So, she has a few, and I really wanted to try making a pair on my own. I traced a pair that I really like and fit her well. They happened to be bootcut, making them look a bit more like regular pants, which is nice. Then I made these:

I decided that working with knit fabric wasn't always too bad, so I also wanted to try a dress. I found this Burda 9565 pattern to be simple enough, once I decided to scrap the pockets. They would have been cute, but the edgestitching was not going well. I like the dress and loved making the neckline - I was a bit frightened of that part and there was no need. It's a really cool construction and I feel much more confident with knits now that I have these two experiences under my belt.
No comments:
Post a Comment