On the first day of winter break, the girls asked to share a bedroom. Mostly, this was spurred on by Miss Emma, who doesn't like to be alone at night. So, one day into the break we obliged the girls and they both now sleep in Emma's room and all toys have been moved to Sophie's room (Emma's room is super small). Then, about a week ago, they asked to have their beds pushed together so that they could be closer (really, is it possible?). I absolutely love that they want to be together and get along so well. It's a beautiful thing!
Bedtime and storytime have gotten much easier for us too. We used to each take a room and read separately, but now we take turns reading to both girls in one room, almost in one bed. It is so nice - I may cry if they ask to be separated again.
This picture was from a couple weeks ago. We have since moved on to reading "Little House in the Big Woods" by Laura Ingalls Wilder. I love Little House on the Prairie so much, so when I discovered that Emma was reading this on her own I was thrilled at the opportunity to begin the series with them. However, we have read about roasting (and fighting over) pig tails, scraping out a pig head and boiling it for head cheese (gag) and Laura's doll made of a corncob wrapped in a blanket. Seriously a different world that we live in today! I'm glad we are able to mumble through the icky parts so that they can experience a bit of the "olden days".

No comments:
Post a Comment