Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Passing Notes

I remember a lot about passing notes when I was a kid.  I even used to have a friend who would write me notes on silly putty.  It worked like magic - you could write with pen, fold it gently and pass it but if a teacher started working toward you, you just really worked the putty into a ball to make the note disappear.  I guess getting into trouble for having silly putty is better than having your top secret note read out loud.
Emma is writing notes with a friend in class.  Maybe this is bad mom on my part - but I think it is so cute.  Right?  It's cute.  I'm sticking with that for now.  So cute.

The note written to Emma:
To Emma O.  hi Emma O.  your sister is funny  Don't you think so Emma O.

Emma's note back:
Hi Ava,  your funny.  do you like playing Baby City

Goodness, I love it.  Baby City was capitalized - it's as important as the names.  It's the game they play at recess these days.  They also play Kitty City.  Emma likes it, but always has to be the littlest kitty because she is the littlest.  Almost seven.  Wow.

No comments: