Sunday, February 13, 2011

Rubberstamp portrait

Emma's class made a print using their original drawing that they transfered to stamp rubber and carved. This inspired me a bit - and reminded me of 5th grade art class when we carved King Tut heads onto wood blocks and made prints. I loved that project. So, I decided to buy the cheapest set of tools and a couple pieces of stamp rubber to try this at home. One of my favorite blog reads just posted some rubber stamping projects and I was reminded of the self-portrait stamp they had done last year. A perfect project for us! Emma was happy to draw a little self portrait for me.

Once I had the picture, I turned it face down onto the rubber and rubbed the back of it with the pencil.  This nicely transfered the design, which I then carved with my super cheapo tools.  I used some stinky E3000 to adhere the stamp to an empty thread spool and now Emma has her very own, super cool stamp that she can use to personalize almost anything.  I just love it.  Thanks for the idea, Maya Made.

No comments: