Our second night camping was a little more slow and calm than the first night. On our first night, we set up camp and whisked through dinner so that we could head to the beach to watch the sunset - it was pretty awesome. I think I am really attached to getting sunsets out of our camping trips because it is something that is generally missed on a daytrip. We are usually close to home by the time the sun is ready to slip below the horizon. But a camping trip affords us the luxury of witnessing a fantastic sunset once in a while - and no late night rush for home.
So with this slow and quiet night at camp I made the girls a little treat. I cut strips of fabric from one of Andy's old t-shirts and crocheted them with a single chain (all I can do) and slipped a glow in the dark pony bead on, between each chain stitch. The girls loved the nightlight (but they also love their glowsticks - oh yes, that is now a tradition). After they went to bed, I made them each one more bracelet but this time I used UV beads. These beads were clear when I gave the bracelets to the girls, but they quickly changed to nice bright colors in the warm sun. The girls really love these. Now they want to make new ones with red and blue beads for the parade on Monday.
On our last day at the coast, we stopped off at this cute little beach (which I am pretty certain is freshwater) to play and have lunch before we headed for home. Seals were playing in the water once in a while, tons of them were "sunning" on some land across the way and the girls really enjoyed this stop.


No comments:
Post a Comment