Thursday, April 26, 2007

Date Night?

My husband and I have two children, both girls, both wonderful and amazing. Since the birth of our first child, we have not had a date night!!! She's three! Ouch! I recently connected with someone that I am imagining to be a fabulous baby sitter (she's here right now, so I expect there to be NO spelling errors) and I am already planning our first night out. I can't wait - dinner in a "nice" restaurant, "adult" conversation with my best friend, no trips to the "potty", and just maybe we will have a complete meal without the phone ringing! I can hardly wait.
It's not that we have not wanted to do this, it just seems so hard and we are often so tired by the time evening comes around. Sometimes it is just easier, and much more relaxing to put our feet up on the couch together and watch some bad tv.
We've moved on and we are ready!

No comments: