Monday, June 2, 2008

Day 2, and a birthday


Well, here we are at day 2. This is also June 2nd, and it's my daughter Sophie's 2nd birthday. Of course, the image has to be special. So, Sophie is the subject and she is wearing a special birthday dress made by mom. It's using some adorable Japanese fabric I bought from Bolt in Portland (I just love Bolt). It is made following the great tutorial for this dress by House On Hill Road. I loved making it so much, I made a second one and left off the straps for a skirt. The only thing I had to do was adjust the measurements as she is a solid size 80 on a good day (she still only weighs about 21 pounds). I think the two inches I cut off the length was perfect for her. She kept pointing out the frogs on the fabric (she is a little froggy girl) and was excited to put on her birthday dress this morning. Definite mama love there!

No comments: