Saturday, September 13, 2008

Pleated Skirt...


...for Emma.

This one came from my Japanese book called "Girly Style Wardrobe". It's an awesome book. Every pattern in it is lovely. Now that I understand more of it, I plan to use it for many more projects in the future. My friend helped me out there...

Anyhow, the pleats were tricky, but they came out well and once I finished that part, the rest of the skirt went together in a snap. I thought the back was weird, but now that I did it, I really like it. It has two tunnels for two thin pieces of elastic instead of one opening for a larger piece of elastic. I think it is intended to help line the front with the back but either way, it wasn't a big deal.

This skirt was inspired by this one from Mini Boden. We really love Mini Boden and they send us lots of catalogs (I swear they are in cahoots with maternity wards everywhere). They are expensive, so we mostly use the catalogs for inspiration. Emma tells me what she likes and then I try to make it, or find it cheaper. I think this skirt turned out to be a pretty nice substitution.
PS - Happy Birthday, mom...

No comments: