
Yes, I certainly should have.
I recently had a lovely wild rice salad while at the cabin, asked for the recipe from Andy's aunt and received it as well. Last week when we were planning to have guests over, I decided I would make it and hoped for a little leftover. Well, the recipe calls for 1 1/4 cups of wild rice. This just didn't seem like much, so I doubled the recipe. Seriously, I was feeding four adults and two boys who eat like adults too. Made sense to me - but then - as I was mixing the ingredients for the dressing I finally noticed something important. It says "Makes 10 servings". Yipes! So yes, we had a huge bowl of wild rice salad which was good the first serving, okay the second serving, and not so great by the third serving. Oops! I do still like it though... but maybe I will make a 1/2 recipe next time.
No comments:
Post a Comment