




These are the pictures I should have posted over a week ago. It took me a while to find out where they went - cameras were used, cards removed, etc. So, here are the gifts for the girls from Mom and Dad (Santa too). I made the girls each a lap quilt, a matching doll quilt (they have since traded), and the doll with one dress and one nightgown. Andy made the beautiful doll beds for each of the girls. The frog (and the hedgehog you can't see) are from Santa and partially intended for the studio. Anyhow, Sophie's doll has dark brown ponytails and Emma's doll has the lighter colored braids. Her doll wears a Strawberry Shortcake nightgown and Sophie's has an Elmo nightgown. The girls seem to be very pleased with the labor put forth by their momma and dado.
PS - the dolls were made using the Wee Wonderfuls' Kit, Chloe, and Louise pattern (you can get to them using the link in the blog favorites over there...). Also, in the top picture you get a snippet of Emma's Christmas nightgown that I made for her. I will use this pattern again, but since I didn't realize just how central the bias tape is on this design I bought the packaged stuff as directed on the package, but next time I will make my own. It's big on her right now, but she wears it very frequently and has never complained. Love that girl!
No comments:
Post a Comment