Wednesday, March 4, 2009

About Emma...

Emma likes art. A lot. She likes to cut and create collage people. She likes to paint with watercolor paints, and also likes her watercolor crayons. She seems to most enjoy drawing her family in lots of different scenarios. Sometimes, she draws us doing day-to-day stuff like sleeping, and sometimes she draws us at the park, or landscaping our backyard, or reading books. She recently started adding our dog, Charley to her pictures. She likes to make her little sister REALLY little in her pictures sometimes too. She also recently started adding lipstick - to everyone. Even me. I find that hilarious.
Emma recently told me she wanted to be an art teacher, in school with me (when I go back to teaching math). She said that. It would be cute.
Emma is sensitive, in a very good way and I think she uses art to help her be calm at times. Other times, I wish art had even bigger powers... like get her to eat healthy, brush her teeth, clean up her toys - you know, the usual.
So, that's our artist Emma. I think I am going to have to make the art post a monthly deal. Sophie is starting to show more interest in painting and drawing which means I am going to soon have a second bucket under my bed (see next post).
PS - Lily, it was actually sunny here the day your art card arrived (and I loved it). Today, it started out sunny and nice, but on my way to ballet class - it rained. What's it like in Tracy?

No comments: