Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Emma the artist...


















Emma participated in an art swap last week, that sent her art across the country and even to Canada. She also got art in return, from her exchange group full of five year olds. Emma has always really enjoyed drawing and painting and collage. Currently, it seems she favors collage but she definitely enjoys pulling out the watercolor paints regularly too.


I decided to use this art swap as an opportunity to put this blog to work. It acts as a journal - much better than any other attempt at a journal or diary or scrapbook for me. I am amazed at how much better I am with this, even though I would keep my journal close at hand this is still more successful. So, it makes sense that I would keep a record of Emma's art here too. Sure, I have the box stuffed under my bed, full of art favorites and other stuff. I also have a great little system in the playroom for displaying the recent, sometimes seasonal works she creates. But for longevity - this is the way to go for me. So, here it is - my mini gallery of Emma art. Some favorites and some that just really tell a story about Emma and her style as a newly crowned five year old.


One more thing to add, before I go - I spoke with Emma's preschool teacher about this swap and we decided to have her class make these same trading cards to swap within the class at the end of the year. In the next couple of weeks, I will start making appearances in the class hanging out at the art swap table with a few kiddos at a time. But first, I need to start cutting the cardstock. I'm excited to spread this great project a little further, it was so fun to see Emma's art take shape, and to see her smile when she opened each of her cards in the mail. Thank you to Erin and Blair - very fun!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The art swap is a great idea.

It is fun to see Emma's art work. She is a good little artist.
I need a new picture at our house!!

Love Nana Barbie