Wednesday, April 8, 2009

What's on the bookshelf...

The girls love books and storytime and Emma shows a lot of interest in reading. It seems silly that I haven't shared more about the books they love on this blog, so here is a little update.
Emma: We just read "Freckle Juice" a couple weeks ago and this week we have been reading "Goonie Bird Greene". It's nice to be able to "see" her listening to the story. When there are pages filled with amazing illustrations, we really see her looking at the story, but when the pictures aren't there we see a different side of Emma. She listens really intently and her concentration is obvious. It helps that I love these stories too.
Sophie: She asks for the same three books every night as of late. They are "Goodnight Gorilla", "Gossie and Gertie" and "Owl Babies". She loves them all dearly and we haven't completely grown tired of them yet. Working on it though...
I must admit that I love "Owl Babies" something fierce - it may take a while for me to tire of that one. Once in a while, she likes to throw in a new favorite - "Old Bear" by Kevin Henkes. I love that one too.
That's it, that's where we are with books right now.

No comments: