Sophie had a semi-solo day of preschool yesterday. I got to leave. Emma stayed with her. She accepted her Elsa doll as a comfort and then moved on and did the class with the other kids. She was just fine.
To celebrate, I went to the mall. Really, I only went there because they wanted me to stay close and it was the nearest cool spot around. I got the girls each a new water bottle (needed) and a special treat of new books to really celebrate.
First, this book from Kevin Henkes. I think he really has become a favorite author and Sophie just loves birds. She saw the cover and wanted it read immediately. No problem.
We also got this book - it got such rave reviews that I had to at least read it while at the book store. Once I did, I was sold. So, it too came home with me and was much loved last night by the girls.
Sophie has one more summer preschool class left. Next Tuesday. Tomorrow was cancelled because of the heat - no A/C.
1 comment:
Hope Sophie enjoys her last preschool class.
Post a Comment