Wednesday, November 11, 2009

On the list

The list seems to grow faster than it shrinks, most of the time. For now, it's true. But, I think I can start shrinking it a little as I can't imagine what else I might add. Yikes.
1. Sign up for the Holiday Traditions exchange (this would be the third year, and I have had the loveliest results each time). edit: looky over there - I have a button, which means I signed up for the exchange! But that doesn't really take anything off my list, it now adds the "create ornament and other items for the traditions exchange" item.
2. Make the girls their Christmas jammies (this year is the year of the monkey, and I just need to sew them up at this point). edit: Sophie's bottoms are finished, Emma's halfway and the tops arrived today so I can make them part of the jammies. Woot! scratch that! I just finished holiday jammies for both girls. That means that I can actually scratch something off my to-do list. Yeah!
3. Finish my sweater (it's beautiful, I really hope I don't ruin it at the finish or something). edit: my sweater may have to wait awhile. I forgot that Emma wants a cute sweater and I hope to have that for her for Christmas.
4. Make some hats (because they are always fun and Emma has asked for a new one - they seem to be like socks for her).
5. Cut and sew my jumper (it's wool, and I am excited to sew with wool for the first time).
6. Decide what new ornaments to make this year, and get making. I also need an ornament project for the girls to make.
7. Keep searching for Andy's gift. I have something in mind, and so far what I want has not been available(edit that: I found what I wanted for Andy today - just another thing to scratch off the list!). I also have a made Andy gift to work on (this should probably be #8).
8. Think up a fun made gift for the girls to make for each other. Wouldn't that be nice!
9. I had to add a #9. The girls are both getting new dolls and those dolls need clothes. So, I am hoping to make two or three outfits each. This one may not be finished until Christmas morning as I find doll-size clothes really tedious. Ick!
I'm going to stop here. Let's just say that if I keep going, it may get embarrassing how much I have on my list. This list is neglectful of the cleaning, laundry, errands, storytimes, art projects, etc. as well. See - busy, busy, busy around here. When my list has shortened, I may come back and revise, edit, add. last edit: I also managed to prep some fabric for a super cute skirt for Emma today. It's going to be a kicky little corduroy skirt with some cute trim.

No comments: