Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day


To my mom, to Andy's mom, to my Nana, and to all of the other lovely mommas that we know and love. This weekend we had some gorgeous weather (finally) and spent as much time outside as possible. Late yesterday afternoon, Sophie wanted to come in and lay down for a while (not unlike her) and I agreed to stay in with her. She fell to sleep for a while, then woke up and vomitted all over the couch. Ick. So, that then became the theme for the night and we changed our dinner plans to include takeout pizza instead of the fancy plans we originally had. Today, she woke up much happier, drank a bit of water, some ginger ale, ate some saltines and dried bananas and even spent a little time outside with us between her many naps (she is on a long one right now). Now that she seems to be feeling a bit better, her sister is not feeling so hot. This makes sense to me, but it's such a bummer. Her tummy hurts and she almost seems like she wants to throw up, but so far she hasn't.

Tonight we ate (by we, I really mean just Andy and I) a delicious spinach salad from our garden. We picked enough spinach to supply neighbors on both sides of us with a large bag of it and have our own salad. We also plucked a large bowl of lettuce greens and had a salad from that at lunchtime. But back to the spinach salad - it was delicious! We added bacon, hard-boiled egg and poppyseed dressing that I made this afternoon. It's our same recipe that we usually make, but I substituted canola oil for the corn oil and instead of 3/4 cup of sugar, I added 1/2 cup of agave nectar. I think it was a divine Mother's Day dinner and I just wish my girls were feeling up to eating as well. We had planned to go out for ice cream today, but I think we will squeeze it into one of our days next weekend instead.

For Mother's Day...

*Andy washed Charley for me (she really needed it)

*Andy and Emma built the hanging flower baskets for our front porch while Sophie and I napped on the couch (Sophie's fault, I wasn't tired at all).

*Sophie made a handprint tile for me

*Emma painted a flower, tree, and sun picture on a tile for me

*Andy made breakfast for me this morning

*I did manage to sneak up to the sewing room for about 30 minutes to prep a couple projects

Even with my girls not feeling well, Mother's Day has been really nice this year and I feel super blessed to have this wonderful family.

No comments: