I had the honor of attending a Mother's Day tea party at Sophie's school yesterday. I was so busy enjoying it, that I didn't really take any pictures. But I can document the hour here...
When I arrived, the festivities began with the whole class singing "On Mother's Day", sung to the tune of "Oh, Christmas Tree". It was adorable, and Sophie has since taught her sister the song and I love hearing it over and over. Next, we all sat on the floor (us ten moms) and our little monkeys climbed on our laps. Teacher Keri then shared the mom portraits and interviews with us. Sophie's portrait of me was by far the very best one in the bunch (that's just a fact, not an opinion). Her interview was funny though - she said I practice phone numbers with her (we have not started that), we play checkers together (that's actually Emma and Andy, Sophie and I play Mahjonng), and we have a beach cabin (um, no - but we are going to stay in a yert for Andy's birthday this year). So, this weekend I intend to teach Sophie her phone number and play at least one game of checkers with her (if I can get her away from Mahjonng).
After the portraits and interviews were shared, each of the kiddos served their mom a cookie and juice and then we spent some time in "choosing time". Sophie chose to paint a picture for me, and then we spent a few minutes at sensory which currently is a bucket of dirt with real worms and ants (gross, but she loves it).
Finally, the Mother's Day gifts were given. Each student created a handprint tile and they were graciously received by all of the moms with lots of ooohs and aaaahs. Mine is in the sewing room with my handprint flowers and vase that Emma made last year.
I can photo the tile, and will soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment