Saturday, October 23, 2010

Pumpkin Carving




Until tonight, I had never actually carved a pumpkin or been involved in a pumpkin carving event. We had picked some pumpkins last weekend on our trip to Kruger's Pumpkin patch in Sauvie's Island. The girls were very interested in carving them and with a quiet day today - we decided to carve our pumpkins instead of doing the dishes (smart, right?).
Emma and Sophie drew out their designs on paper first, then copied that over to their pumpkin. I got the honor of designing the third pumpkin. The best part is that Andy got to use the jig saw and seemed to be having a great time doing so. So, we "let" him do all of the carving once the designs were in place. The pumpkin with the happy face and googly eyes is mine.
Then, we used this lovely recipe from Martha Stewart to roast up some tasty pumpkin seeds. So good.
PS - since we are talking about Halloween (sort of) - Sophie's costume was completely finished and then a snaffoo happened to her antenae so I need to fix that. Emma's gown needs a good shortening and hemming and she still needs a torch. I am also about 1/3 of the way finished on her crown.

No comments: